Permits limited to 2 per day in response to COVID-19
Bidencopes Lane – COVID-19 Restrictions for painters.
Vibrance and the City of Hobart have reached an agreement, based on Tasmanian Government recommendations, to reopen the Bidencopes Lane Permission Wall to painters on May 15.
With some social restrictions easing on this date statewide, Bidencopes will be reopened but will operate a modified program with some restrictions still in place. We want to work with the advice given by local government and offer a safe space for painters and the public.
Until all restrictions are lifted in Tasmania, Bidencopes Lane will operate with the following restrictions:
- Hobart Walls will only be issuing 2 permits a day
- Painters are asked to try and paint at separate times or paint at opposite ends of the wall if separate painting times are not possible
- Painters need to observe the 1.5m rule with spectators and the public and are asked to paint solo without assistance from friends or congregations of friends around the painter while working
- Painters are advised to wear PPE while painting
- If you feel like you may have cold or flu-like symptoms and have been issued a permit you must forfeit the permit and stay home
Please read the State Government guidelines on social distancing for additional general advice on measures you can take.
All social restrictions set by the State Government are to be observed and painters are reminded that breaking these restrictions can carry penalties which can be enforced by law. We hope to reopen the permission wall further as restrictions ease in the coming months.
We are very happy that we are allowed to get back to the laneway and get painting again. We hope that you understand the restrictions that are in place and please respect them. This way we can keep the permission wall going well into the future with your cooperation.